Sunday, February 13, 2011

Killer Mac SEO : Why I Use StatCounter Website Statistics

This Mac webmaster is a huge fan of StatCounter.com - for one primary reason. Free, REAL-TIME website stats that can show you activity to your site(s) as it happens. (And that's ontop of all the juicy Top Keywords, Came From and other statistical goodies it reveals.)





Contrast this with Google Analytics, which only updates once a day in the middle of the night. And likely provides Google with MORE information about your site than they provide YOU! Personally, I don't want Analytics Code to give them THAT much site metric info to reward or punish my site with - at least not most of them. So I rely and trust StatCounter for my primary stats, but Goog for only some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughtful, topic-relevant comments appreciated. Please add something meaningful to the conversation BEFORE you try to drop a link... Thanks.